Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP)
What is Platelet-Rich Plasma? (See Graphics in Injections email) PRP comes from your own blood and contains high concentrations of platelets and growth factors that help your tissue heal and grow new cells. PRP is obtained by drawing a small amount of blood from your arm into an FDA cleared tube. The tube is placed into a centrifuge to separate your plasma, the portion of the blood that we use for the treatment, from your red and white blood cells, which settle to the bottom of the tube. The PRP solution is then injected into the areas of concern and begins the regeneration of the skin and/or hair.
How can I benefit from PRP? Historically, PRP has been primarily used in Orthopedic and reconstructive surgery to help speed recovery. Now PRP is used for a wide variety of concerns in aesthetic medicine.
- It aids damaged, aging skin to produce new collagen and elastin for a glowing, rejuvenated, more youthful-looking complexion.
- This liquid gold can be injected in the scalp to increase hair thickness and hair count. A real game changer for those with thinning hair.
- Injected into strategic areas, PRP can increase sexual health and performance
- Use PRP in place of, or in conjunction with, Dermal Fillers.
PRP’s Effects are Lasting Those who have had the Platelet-Rich Plasma Facelift treatment find their faces look even better several months after they have had the treatments. That’s because the plasma stimulates their skin’s stem cells to produce more collagen, grow new cells and literally rejuvenate their skin. The new cell growth in your skin generated by the PRP takes weeks to months, which is why it looks so much better after more time passes. Botox and other filler treatments break down with time, but the Platelet Rich Plasma lasts and looks better as long as 18 months to two years.
Benefits of PRP Facial Rejuvenation:
- Increases collagen and elastin production for youthful complexion
- Reduction of fine lines and wrinkles
- Firmer, tighter skin
- Improves moisture retention
- Enhances skin tone and texture
Benefits of PRP Facial Fillers:
- Alone, PRP injected into the face to rejuvenate skin, add facial volume, and reduce the appearance of wrinkles. This is a totally natural approach with natural looking results.
- Combined with Dermal Fillers, PRP can give an extra boost to the collagen growth response and extend the life of your filler.
- Benefits of PRP Hair Restoration:
- Recruits new hairs to growth
- Keeps your current hair growing
- Stimulates the stem cells around the hair follicle to get thicker
Procedures commonly combined with PRP
Microneedling Hair Restoration Fractional Skin Resurfacing Dermal Fillers